About Barbara Hollace
Author • Editor • Speaker.
The heart and soul of a Survivor
Barbara Hollace is a resilient woman. After her “first career” managing a professional photography studio, she entered law school at the age of 29. Barbara successfully navigated three years of law school full-time while working a part-time job, and coping with her husband’s battle with cancer. After three years of marriage, she became a widow at the age of 33. New choices and new challenges were ahead of her. Stepping away from her status as a licensed attorney, Barbara chose another path to follow, a path that involved serving those who had experienced their own life challenges. Her words, her work and her stories empower those whose lives she touches as an author, editor and speaker. Barbara has the heart and soul of a survivor; let her touch the survivor’s heart in you.
Passionate about encouraging others…
As an editor, my passion is to make you the best that you can be. I want to be invisible so that your voice is powerful and your message is clear. I want your readers to ‘get it’.
As a writer, I want my stories to encourage and inspire you and that my words would paint a picture that you can step into and experience.
As a speaker, my life experiences as a young widow, law student, homeless shelter and low-income apartment manager and so much more, have given me wisdom and many stories to share about navigating life.
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in Business Administration: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
- J.D. (Juris Doctor): Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, WA
For those of you familiar with Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath, my five greatest strengths are:
Let me use my strengths to help you identify YOURS and magnify them!
Things that Bring me Great Joy
- Laughter with family and friends
- Walking on the Centennial Trail and taking the time to notice the things that others miss – quail, eagles, rabbits, chipmunks and people walking their dogs or riding their bikes.
- Listening to a friend
- Encouraging others
- Homemade soup and corn bread
- Spending time with my husband
- The sound of silence in the early morning hours while I spend time with God.
Other Topics I am Passionate About
- Teen Suicide
- Our legacy as Christian women
- Veterans and honoring their service
- Crime Prevention